Labels

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let Me Check My Calendar...

Before I became a teacher, I never knew the sheer amount of time it took to be a teacher.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of other things that go into being a teacher.  But the time alone is what shocks me.  Now I'm not here to get on a soapbox and start talking about the inequities of being a teacher.
What I'm talking about is time management and organizational skills.  I was born with these talents, but having gone to a meticulously anal high school, I perfected my organizational and time management abilities.  I am a HUGE believer in a good old-fashioned planner.  Not on my phone calendar, but an actual assignment book.  We all used these handy dandy tools in school when all we needed to remember was what chapter to read that night.  Somehow, after catapulting into the real world with bills, budgets, responsibilities, projects, errands, and chores, we cease to use a planner.
I live by my planner.  If someone asks me a date or if I can do something, I literally have to check my calendar.  People laugh when I say this.  Believe me, it's not because I'm so popular that I have a million events to attend.  It's because I'm so scattered that I don't know what I'm doing in my life without it written out in front of my face.
And I have a compulsive need to write down every event in my planner.  Here's an embarrassing admission: I've even gone back in time and written down events that have already happened and I forgot to write down.  I know what you must be thinking... but my allotted blog time is up according to my planner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...