Labels

Monday, September 23, 2013

Make-a-list Monday

If you asked the husband to describe me in 3 words, easy-going would not be on that list.  In fact, if you gave him 100 words, easy-going still wouldn't make the cut.  No matter, I have many other redeeming qualities, such as organization skills, plan-obsessed, and meticulous.  Wait, are those redeeming???
Lately, there's been a few more stressful situations in my life than before.  I know everyone is going through their own stresses, so I don't pretend to think mine are worse than someone else.  Believe me, that's not a game I want to win.  But I do think I win (or lose) the game of stressing out about situations.    I'm a master.  I can orchestrate the most epic over reacting symphony you've ever witnessed.  In fact, when there is literally nothing to stress out about, THAT stresses me out.  
I am trying very hard to find my zen or place of peace.  With that in mind, here is my list of things I'm doing to minimize my stressing.

1.  Read a reflection each morning.  I'm reading Jesus Calling.
2.  Laugh.  They say it's the best medicine.
3.  Rely on the husband.  (Oh yeah, I'm not alone.  He can unload the dishwasher, I just have to be ok if the spoons aren't stacked the correct way.)
4.  Take walks.
5.  Find the good and focus on that.  (Way easier said than done)

How do you maintain your sanity and not over-stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...