Labels

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Cycle/Make-A-List Monday on a Thursday

It's almost Thanksgiving!  My boyfriend and I are going to have Thanksgiving with his brother and sister-in-law at their house.  Therefore, myself and the sister-in-law are going to split the cooking load.  I love cooking but I tend to get anxiety when preparing meals for anyone besides myself.  Perhaps only cooking part of the meal will keep my anxiety to a mild panic.  I'm in charge of cooking a pecan pie, pumpkin pie, carrot cake cupcakes and mashed potatoes.  I will post some recipes and my outcomes next week!
But for now, something has been troubling my mind.  It seems that every year by now, we see previews for the Holiday movie that "is the next classic".  Now, I watch a lot of TV and see movies at least once a month and I have yet to see anything resembling a Holiday movie.  I'm pretty upset because I'm in need of a movie to add to my Holiday cycle.
Not just any movie can make "the cycle".  Just because there is some Holiday undertone in the movie doesn't mean I'm adding it to the cycle.  There is a difference between a "cycle movie" and a movie that I'd watch if it happened to be on TV.  Here is what is currently in "the cycle":
It's a Wonderful Life
White Christmas (this is my FAVORITE!)
Elf (newest addition)
Miracle on 34th Street (new and old)
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
While I love each and every one of these movies, I could use a new addition and Hollywood is seriously letting me down.  I'm a fan of the made for TV movies seen primarily on ABC Family, but I don't think they stand up to It's a Wonderful Life.  So while I continue watching the movies in my cycle, I'm hoping for a great new Holiday classic to hit the big screen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...