Labels

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Visitors!

Hello! It's been a while!  I know I've been slightly erratic lately and I am going to stop that.  But it has been busy the past week.  Here's an update on what has been going on...
My parents came for a visit over the weekend!  It was really great to see them.  My dad had not seen Waco yet, so I was excited to show him all the sights (aka my dogs).  We had a great weekend though and we even did the introduction of the parents!  I made a lot of food (I think my parents were impressed), we took the dogs and parents to the park (with little incident, except for a run in with some horses), and we introduced my parents to kolaches.  All in all, it was a really great weekend.  I was sad to see them go back home on Monday morning, but I know Christmas time will be here before I know it and we'll be heading up to Cincinnati!
After my parents left, we had to do some chores around the house, like laundry.  Easy enough, right?  So the boyfriend was kind enough to do the laundry because I was feeling down about my parents leaving.  On the last load in the washer, we suddenly hear a terrible grinding noise.  He goes to check it out and low and behold, the rinse/drain cycle will not click on.  We try everything we can think of, but I mean, the washer is sitting there full of half washed clothes  in dirty water.  Eventually we had to take out all the clothes and put them in the bathtub because they were soaking wet.  Now our washer is sitting there full of water.  
This was annoying but we called a repair man and scheduled an appointment for tomorrow.  Last night, though, this annoyance became a problem.  I was lying in bed with my dogs watching TV and all of a sudden, Gabby got up from lying by my side, walked to the end of the bed and peed.  Not a little bit.  But like she hadn't been outside in 12 hours and drank a gallon of water kind of pee.  I didn't know what to do except stare in wonderment as to where this all came from.  It went through our comforter, through both sheets, pad, and onto the mattress.  After changing out all the sheets, we both realized that we have no washer...  Tomorrow can't come soon enough!
That's pretty much been my week.  Cleaning for the parents, cooking, entertaining, visiting, and spending some time with my boyfriend and our doggies.  Now I promise I'll be more dependable in my blogging!  Happy Wednesday though and just think, this time, next week, it will almost be Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...