Labels

Monday, November 8, 2010

It Happened... at the in-laws

Greetings and happy Monday!  Great news... I have a new power cord and I am back in action.  I've been lost without my computer.  But never fear, after a quick trip to Houston and $80 later, I'm back.  And yes, we only bought one of the two power cords we needed because they are $80 each!  Enough about that....
I'm not someone who gets embarrassed that easily.  Mostly because I find whatever happened to be more funny than anything.  But this weekend, something happened that was a bit embarrassing.  My boyfriend and I traveled to Houston for his nephew's birthday party and the Texans game.  Of course we have to bring our dogs, so we pack up all their stuff, all our stuff, gifts, football tickets, phone chargers, I had to bring my ruined computer chargers... we were like a traveling circus.  
We arrive at my boyfriend's parents house and we all decide to go to dinner that night. Now, by no means, is this the first time I've met his parents.  I love them and I really do feel at home with them.  He has a wonderful family and they all make me feel like part of the family.  So me, my boyfriend, his parents, and his cousin are all at dinner having a nice evening.  I can't recall the exact sequence of what lead up to this, but something someone said triggered a horrifying realization in my mind.  It was so sudden and out of the blue, yet completely true, that I couldn't help but blurt out in the middle of the conversation, "I forgot underwear!"
Yup, I just shouted out in the middle of dinner, in front of my boyfriend's dad, mom, and male cousin that after tonight, I would have no more clean underwear.  Guess what the topic of conversation/butt of the joke was the rest of the weekend... my underwear, or lack there of.
Before you get your panties in a twist, yes, I did go to Target and get new underwear.  Nonetheless, I was embarrassed.  Luckily I bounce back quickly because now I find it a funny story to share with everyone!  Enjoy your Monday and I hope you find some amusement in my embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...