Labels

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Traditions

Over the weekend, my boyfriend and I carved pumpkins (and apparently I was carving my fingers too).  As we lit our Jack O'Lanterns last night, I wondered where this tradition began.  I have always loved Halloween and all the mystique that goes with it.  I know that Halloween is thought to be a night that the dead can roam between their would and ours.  But where do Jack O'Lanterns fit in to this picture?  

Interested in learning more about the spooky origins of this day?  The History Channel online has some really cool articles and short videos on the topic.  http://www.history.com/topics/halloween

For me, I believe in ghosts and many of the ancient beliefs that have withstood the test of time.  I often think about all that is around me without my awareness.  A cold chill from nowhere, a strange feeling in a familiar place, an image out of the corner of your eye...  

My pumpkin is on the left.

Halloween is almost here!  Check back during this week leading up to Halloween for more creepy posts... I love this stuff!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...