Labels

Friday, October 22, 2010

Love at first sight

Perhaps you have had the pleasure of reading about the light of my life, Vedder, in my post entitled "That Dog".  Vedder is a pretty good dog.  I joke about him because he is a little crazy, but that's probably not all his fault.  I mean, he has been an only child his entire life.  He moved from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati to Houston to Waco all within 3 years.  And while in Houston, he moved 4 times.  He is a trooper and he's been nothing but loyal and loving to me throughout all of life's challenges.
If you haven't realized by my perpetual moving or quitting my job in one of the worst economic times, I tend to shake up the status-quo and march to my own drum.  And luckily, my boyfriend is just as adventurous (that sounds so much better than crazy) as me.  It is in that spirit that I happily announce that we have a new baby girl in our family!!!
Scratch my belly please!


Gabby girl is our newest member and she is a 4 month old basset hound/beagle mix.  She is so sweet and so cute and so loving.  Gabby is playful and loves her new big brother.  Unfortunately, the feeling isn't mutual just yet.  And God love him, but Vedder can't seem to figure out what she is doing here, sitting on his mom's lap and playing with his rope and walking around his house.  On a positive note, no blood has been shed! 
Cutest little girl!

Gabby and her daddy.













We are so happy and excited to have Gabby in our family. I definitely think that after a few days, Vedder and Gabby will become buddies and eventually best friends.   Annnd, this is a good way for me to fill my free time and get over my recent sports blues.  I hope you think Gabby is as cute as we do, and if you don't, then we can no longer be friends... just kidding!
Gabby looooves to chew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...