Labels

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Sports Blues

My dad had two daughters.  And even though he loves us more than life itself, he didn't get to have that son to bond with over things like sports.  Well, no matter... he successfully turned my sister and especially me into sports fanatics.  I love watching sports, playing sports, talking about sports, and this year, for the first time, I am participating in fantasy football.
I really thought I'd be awesome at playing fantasy football (I'm still not sure if that is the right terminology "playing" fantasy football).  I mean, I have a lot of free time, I follow sports anyways, and I felt like I drafted a good team.  Well week 1, I lost, but scored a ton of points.  Week 2, I won and was in first place in the leauge!  I really thought I was the shit.  I even made some moves, aquired different players, and solidified my dominance.  The thought of matching up against me was sure to strike fear in people's hearts.  
Did you know there are bye weeks?  And did you know that you have to switch players in and out when its a player's by week?  Plus, who gave my running back permission to pull a hamstring and not play?  Get your ass in there and win me some points!  Let's just say I'm in last place...

Perhaps I can console myself about my losing fantasy team by getting excited about my "real" teams.  My Cincinnati Reds were in the playoffs for the first time since 1995!  But... they were swept.  Ok, no biggie, how bout dem Bengals?  Getting lots of talk on ESPN... as being one of the most disappointing teams in the league.  There's always college football and I'm a true blue Pitt Panther fan!  Hail to Pitt!  Can you say Continental Tire Bowl??? Let's hope we can even make it to that bowl... I have the sports blues!  Might need to whip up a good dinner/dessert or buy a lovely fall inspired article of clothing to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...