Labels

Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow

Today, I find myself missing snow.  I know it is a fleeting feeling, but I miss it like I miss a friend.  It's hard to explain to people that were late to work because of it, or became frost bitten while shoveling out their car, but it is true.  The fiance asked me once what I miss most about home (besides the obvi friends and family) and I told him the sound of snow falling.
It's one of the most beautiful sounds in the world.  If you ever venture outside while it's snowing at night or the wee hours of the morning, it is so calm and quiet.  And beautiful.  The snow hasn't been walked in or plowed or shoveled.  I remember, especially at college, just standing alone for a few moments and savoring this sound.  The sound of the snow that gently weighs on the roof of an old house.  It moans ever so softly and the snow shushes it gently.  You can hear the snow accumulating too.  It is so faint, almost like the static sounds of in old movie.  And the lighting.  It's almost a glow at night when there's snow on the ground.
Perhaps I've been removed from it just long enough that I can appreciate the snow once again.  If you're in or around snow today, remember there is at least one soul in Texas envious of your circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...